1 - Terms
2 - Purchasing Sheet Music
You as the customer are purchasing copies of sheet music for the exclusive use of live performance in a musical concert. When you purchase sheet music you are not purchasing the copyright or ownership of the music. The Composer retains copyright and ownership of the music. You do not have the right to copy the music, forward electronic or printed copies of music to others, sub-license, assign, transfer and/or sell the music to anyone. Through your use of the Website, no employment relationship or partnership exists between you and the Composer.
Music is purchased for the exclusive use of an institution (university, high school, church, etc.), performing ensemble, or individual, and copies of the music cannot be shared with, or used for performances with other institutions or ensembles. (Example: You cannot purchase a concert band piece for your high school and use the music with your high school band and also with a band from another school.)
Electronic PDF files may be printed according to the license that comes with the piece. If no specific license is provided, the PDF file may be printed as many times as needed, for the exclusive use of the purchasing institution or ensemble. The PDF file and copies of the music cannot be shared.
Sales and licenses shall be governed by the copyright laws of the United States of America, whether the music is supplied and/or used in the USA or any part of the world.
Please contact the Composer for any other use of the sheet music other than performing the music at a concert. All other uses may require special licenses or permissions.
3 - Use License
- Permission is granted to view information on the Website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials;
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server;
- use any automated service to monitor or copy content on the Website;
- use the Website in an unlawful manner; and
- use the Website or any data on the Website to create or send unsolicited emails or any content that would violate these Terms and Conditions.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by the Composer at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
4 - Disclaimer
- The materials on the Website are provided on an 'as is' basis. The Composer makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, The Composer does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on the Website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
5 - Copyright Complaints
If you believe that materials hosted on the Website infringe your copyright, you can send the Composer a request to remove the materials. The Composer reserves the right to remove materials that you claim infringe on your copyrighted work.
Your request must follow requirements outlined by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") and must be in writing. Please contact the composer through the Contact page to request a mailing address.
6 - Limitations
In no event shall the Composer or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Website, even if the Composer or an authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
7 - Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on the Website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Composer does not warrant that any of the materials on the Website are accurate, complete or current. The Composer may make changes to the materials contained on the Website at any time without notice. However the Composer does not make any commitment to update the materials.
8 - Links
The Composer has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Composer of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk. Some links on this site may lead to websites controlled by third parties with whom the Composer is not affiliated and has no contact. The Composer does not represent these third party sites and therefore is not liable and makes no guarantee as to their content or the accuracy of their information.
9 - Modifications
The Composer may revise these terms of service for the Website at any time without notice. By using the Website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
10 - Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New York and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location. By accessing the Website, you agree to fully comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Protection of Your Personal Information
Any information collected on this site will never be sold or shared with third parties. The Composer does not collect any personal identifying information (e.g. name and email address) through this website except when you specifically and intentionally provide the information (for instance, when you submit a contact form inquiry, or submit an order through the Store). Any information you share is used for the stated purpose only. We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
The Website may use "cookies" to collect basic information about your computer and its connection to the Internet (e.g. the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access the website, etc.). This generic information is used only for statistical purposes to aid site growth and ongoing maintenance. This website contains links to other websites, but the Composer is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites. We currently don’t respond to Do Not Track signals in browsers.
Orders Submitted through the Store
When you submit an order through the Store (https://stevedanyew.com/store), you are not providing credit card information to the Composer or the Website. The Store is essentially an order form, where you enter your contact information and the sheet music you would like to purchase. If you prefer to pay via check, you are emailed an invoice. If you prefer to pay via credit card, you are emailed a PayPal link which will open an electronic invoice on the PayPal website. This PayPal invoice will allow you to pay for your order via credit card, but credit card information is processed through PayPal, not through the Website or the Composer. At no time is your credit card information entered on the Website or transmitted to the Composer. The Composer is not responsible for the security or privacy of information you input in the PayPal credit card invoice.